- Whole School Drama
- Whole School Drama2
What will I learn?
- You will study one complete and substantial performance text and two key extracts from a second contrasting performance text.
- The texts will be studied to gain a practical understanding of drama.
- You will participate in a minimum of two performances, one devised and one from a performance text which has been studied as part of the course.
You will learn about technical theatre and how to think like a director
How will I learn?
- There will be a mix of practical drama and written work
- You will create, develop and perform devised piece of Drama from a stimulus
- You will need to analyse and evaluate the devising process and performance through a written portfolio
- You will perform two extracts from a performance text
- By visiting the theatre
How will I be assessed?
- 40% Written exam in the summer term of Year 11
- 60% Non-Examined Assessment spread across Year 10 and 11
Skills for Success
- You need to have confidence in your performance and a strong commitment to continue learning outside of lessons.
- You will enjoy Drama GCSE if you like working as part of a team, Drama involves a lot of group work and you have to rely on your fellow group members.
- Students must be aware that the GCSE course involves a considerable amount of written work. This should not put you off but you must be prepared for this.
What can I do next? Further Education
You can go on to study ‘A’ Level Drama and Theatre at The Urswick School Sixth Form Academy. You can also take a BTEC in Drama, Theatre Studies, Performing Arts, Stage Management, Lighting, Sound and Set design, Costume and Stage Make-up design.
- Jobs within the theatre industry. For example, Actor, Presenter, Director, Lighting designer, Sound designer, Costume designer, Stage management.
- Any job where confidence, commitment and communication are required!
Key Stage 5
A Level Drama and Theatre