- Sixth Form IT
ICT and Computing
Course: BTEC Level 3 Diploma in IT
The BTEC qualifications are QCF level 3 qualifications designed to provide highly specialist, work-related qualifications in a range of vocational sectors. They give learners the knowledge, understanding and skills that they need to prepare for employment. These qualifications accredit the achievement for courses and programmes of study for full-time or part-time learners in schools, colleges and other training provider organisations. The qualifications provide employment opportunities as well as progression opportunities to higher education, degree and professional development programmes within the same or related areas of study, within universities and other institutions.
The BTEC qualifications in this specification provide much of the underpinning knowledge and understanding for the National Occupational Standards for the sector, where these are appropriate. They are supported by the relevant Sector Skills Councils (SSCs) and/or Standards Setting Bodies (SSBs). Certain BTEC qualifications are recognised as Technical Certificates and form part of the Apprenticeship Framework. They attract UCAS points that equate to similar-sized general qualifications within education institutions within the UK.
Key Features of the BTEC in ICT:
The BTEC qualifications in this specification have been developed in the IT sector to:
- Give education and training for IT employees
- Give IT employees opportunities to achieve a nationally recognised level 3 vocationally-specific qualification
- Give full-time learners the opportunity to enter employment in the IT sector or to progress to vocational
- Qualifications such as the Edexcel BTEC Higher Nationals in Computing and Systems Development
- Give learners the opportunity to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life.
Finally here are some of the units we will be studying at the Urswick Sixth Form Academy:
|Mandatory Units||Optional Units*|
*Number of optional units studied by each student will depend on the sixth form path they are on.