Free School Lunches
We urge parents/carers to check if your child is eligible for free school meals as the benefits of this entitlement for your child’s education are immense.
- Reductions on the cost of school trips and visits
- Items like revision guides (given free or at a reduced price)
- Eligibility for a bursary in the Sixth Form
- Likely reduction in Tuition Fees at University
The school is able to fund some of the above because we receive a Pupil Premium Grant in respect of every child who is eligible for free school meals. Applying for free school meals benefits your child personally and the school as a whole in terms of increased funding.
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit and your household income is less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
Hackney Learning Trust have moved to an online application system.
An explanation of the Online ProcessIf you have any difficulty completing the online application, please contact the general office who will be happy to help.
If you wish, you may also complete a paper application form.
Paper Application Form It is preferable for you to apply online as you will receive notification of the outcome immediately. If you apply online, your child will receive this benefit straight away.
If you have any questions about free school meals, please contact the main school office on: