School uniform is compulsory throughout Years 7 to 11. Our uniform is smart, practical and inexpensive when compared to other local schools.
- Pale blue shirt (polo shirts and white shirts are not permitted)
- School tie (clip-on)
- Navy school jumper with school logo (£16 - £ 19)
- Navy blue trousers (no black trousers)
- Navy blue skirt (knee length; no black skirt)
- Plain black tights or plain navy, black or white socks (no patterned tights)
- Plain black footwear (flat heels, no colour marks and no logos)
- Coat - no hooded sweatshirts, coloured jumpers/cardigans or tracksuit tops
- The official Urswick School scarf is available to buy from the school reception for £5* Students are not allowed to wear any scarf other than the official Urswick School Scarf
All students will receive a school tie prior to the start of Year 7 as part of the transition pack.
Muslim girls may wear a plain, blue shalwar kameez or hijab. Full face veils are not allowed.
Navy school PE T-shirt with school logo (£20-£21)
Navy blue tracksuit bottoms with school logo (£17.50-£21) or shorts* (£9 - £12)
Navy school PE sweatshirt with school logo (£25.50-£28.50)
School PE socks* (£5.50 - £6)
* Any student who wishes to compete for the School must wear a pair of navy blue shorts and school PE socks to training sessions and matches.
Pupil’s hair-styles need to be reasonable. Long hair needs to be tied back for PE, Science and Technology. Hair should not significantly cover the eyes as this will affect learning. Further information on this policy is contained in our Policy Equality Statement.
Rough Cut Casuals
The school uniform and PE kit are available to buy from Rough Cut Casuals located in Islington.
The shop is a short distance from school on a 38 bus, however the Urswick Uniform is also available to order from their website:
Online orders for Urswick uniform can be purchased here:
The shop itself is open 7 days a week as follows:
Monday - Saturday (Exc Thursday) 10am-6pm
Thursday 10am -2pm (10am – 6pm from 1st July - 9th September)
Sunday 10am -3pm
Rough Cut Casuals
16 Chapel Market,
t: 020 7837 7924
Policy Equality Statement
- Our school is required to safeguard students and ensure the best possible learning environment for them.
- This means we require students to have ‘reasonable’ hairstyles.‘Reasonable’ means having hairstyles that don’t cause health and safety risks. This will ensure that hairstyles allow for safe use of school equipment, carrying out of experiments or taking part in team sports and activities.
- We may also ask students to tie their hair back if it significantly impacts their ability to learn by covering their eyes.
- The school is aware that some hair-styles may be more closely connected to specific ethnicities and religions than others. Where this is a factor, the school will take this into consideration when deciding if a hair-style is considered reasonable for a student when they are in school.
- Complaints in respect of this policy will be reported by the Headteacher to the Governing Body, who will monitor how the policy is being applied.
- From March 2020, when this Policy Equality statement was adopted by The Governing Body, all previous versions of our policy become null and void.